Shaklee is celebrating 100 years of innovation. And there are reasons why we are the #1 natural nutrition company in the US. There are reasons the average Shaklee customer has been using the products for 17 years. There are reasons why we have been in the business and used the products for over 30 years and would still use them if it weren't our income. Daily I am asked "how does Shaklee compare to this XYZ company? Dr. Shaklee always said " don't knock them, they are doing the best they can." And why would I want to spend time doing all the comparing? There are reasons why Shaklee leads the way and has raised the bar in the health & wellness marketplace and it is those facts that set us apart.
Shaklee has raised the bar in the health & wellness marketplace. This is an audio right from the labs about what sets us apart from the " competition"
when it comes to raw material sourcing, ingredient testing and product formulation. Here are the FACTS about Shaklee SPECIFICATIONS, STANDARDIZATION, and QUALITY CONTROL. And I never get tired of the stories they have to show Shaklee's vigilance and commitment to testing. You will be amazed!!!
Here is a letter from Dr. Jamie McManus, Chairman of Medical Affairs for Shaklee Corporation. http://images.shaklee.com/library/08_235_W2W_Dr_Jamie_letter.pdf
SHAKLEE QUALITY PROGRAM
* Raw material supplier qualification program:
- A quality audit of the potential supplier's plant(s)
- Review of any FDA inspection reports of the plant(s) available under the Freedom of Information Act.
-Ingredient pre-screening, which includes tests for pesticides. arsenic, lead and solvent residues.
-Review of supplier test methods.
* Detailed produce development program to ensure product stability through the specified expiration date or shelf life, including:
-Ingredient potency ( 100% of label claim)
-Organoleptic properties( color, flavor, taste, texture, etc)
* Formal Shaklee Quality/Assurance/Quality Control program
-Complete QC testing ( for identity, putiry,. potency and integrity) of raw material to validate supplier Certificates of Analysis ( COA). Any test failure results in potential rejection of the material and disqualification of the supplier.
- Ongoing QC testing of raw materials from qualified suppliers with validated COA's and periodic audit testing of all specified parameters.
- Pharmaceutical-style validation of all manufacturing processes
-Pharmaceutical-style validations of all equipment cleaning processes followed by ongoing monitoring.
-An environmental monitoring program to assure the microbiological integrity of our products.
-A sophisticated preventative maintenance program to ensure that manufacturing equipment is within quality tolerances.
-QC testing of the product for identity potency, purity ( chemical and microbiological) at each stage of the production process.
- Finished produce inspection/testing to check samples of contract manufactured products before release.
-A regulatory affairs/compliance function to assure that out facilities have the necessary licenses and our products are manufactored and labeled according to the appropriate regulations.
Herbal identification by third-party
botanical experts at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
· Herbal verification through phytochemical profiling LC Mass Spec Technique
· Quantitative analysis of chemical active(s) by state-of-the-art techniques (HPLC/GCMS/ICP)
· 3rd party testing for over 350 chemical & biological contaminants